Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Pondering My Birthday

My Birthday
My home, was 25 miles from town, on the winter night night, during a bad winter blizzard so bad our Neighbor Cody had to lay on dads car hood, to tell dad with his window rolled down where to drive, because the wind and snow was so bad they couldn't see from inside his car, on the way to the mid wife's house, before I was born. It was a long 25 mile trip and now they found out the midwife center was full, so they had to go another 25 or thirty miles to Brainerd MN, before I could be delivered. Those old men were tough and so was my mother to make such a trip, but my dads friend had to be a speicial friend to ride on the hood of his car all that way, for him. But Dad had a lot of tough old friends as he was one of Merrill's marauders in Burma and his other friend was the famous medic in the movie, and our family doctor. Today, it is blowing snow and thirty below, giving me an example of what it was like 73 years ago. So I began my adventure into life with a hostile environment, and it has been a hostile environment throughout life, but I am still being carried over the ruff roads by angles, Probable my Dad and Cody who died years ago, and my old hero Doctor got Alzheimer and my friend Janis who worked in the nursing home said he, could remember and tell Stories of his adventures in Burma and then just stop forgetting what he was even talking about, so they would have to wait until another day to start the story all over again and hope he could finish it. But of course he is gone also, I also miss his stories, setting in his exam room swapping stories of my adventures in Vietnam with him, until the Nurse would say he had to get back to work. Yes I miss those old friend and worry about forgetting them because of my Alzheimer. Russell R Ellis 

No comments: